Friday, April 12, 2013

Mother and Child - Tapachula, Chiapas, Mexico

Some cool small cars for girls images today:

Mother and Child – Tapachula, Chiapas, Mexico
small cars for girls

Image by thewoodenshoes
<> In the words of a great author and humanitarian photographer, David duChemin -
"Photography imperfectly expresses our changing imperfect selves, making this a lifelong journey."

Not having traveled the world for some time, my imperfect brain became re-wired for the normal, what I take for granted in my daily life, and the places hitherto seen on many occasion throughout the course of what I would call a normal existence. The way I've been traveling the last couple of months has been an adventure in every sense of the word; I never know what third-world country I'll end up in from week to week. From a planning aspect, scouting locations out for prospective shots is completely out of the question. Deep down, what makes traveling this way so wonderful is the lack of planning. It's just me, the world, and the lens through which I see it.

Sometimes a scene unfolds in front of my eyes that makes me take a step back, but calls for me to immerse myself in the moment…become part of the scene which I intend to capture – The buzz of a somewhat primitive city all around me and the only three people that exist in it. Its times like these that I wish would last forever. It's a moment in time that will never happen again and only one chance to get it right or what I feel is the best representation and interpretation of what my soul is feeling.

Each photograph I make is yet another chance to capture a moment in time in our large and imperfect world, and another chance for my soul to feed on another experience to add to my imperfect self.

Wherever you are, whatever you do, whatever you know, whatever you hope to know, and whatever you hope for…sometimes things come your way in only a small moment of opportunity…seize it. -DvK



Tags:Chiapas, child, Mexico, mother, Tapachula

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...