Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Nice Lowrider photos today

Some cool lowrider images today:

Honorary Lowrider
lowrider

Image by ChepeMX
A ’62 Chevy Impala owned by The Majestics (real old-school name) local chapter president, Abel Acosta. I love the lines on this car – clean!

It’s interesting how every generation of Mexicanos has had a specific type of automobile, usually a family car, that becomes iconic within the community. My generation’s auto was the 80′s Cutlass/Monte Carlo/Regal. Our family’s car was the ’80 Monte Carlo. I don’t know if with freer markets this is as constant today. Although camionetas del año are still hitting big. What I do know is that nostalgia is a very powerful emotion and still to this day anytime I ever see an early 80′s Monte Carlo I think of the days of long rows of cars decorated in paper flowers rolling down Alisal honking their horns announcing a new marriage. Those were my wonder years and I’ll never forget them.

1948 Chevrolet Lowrider-2
lowrider

Image by dok1
At the Southern Ohio Corvette Club show in Waverly, Ohio
The friendly owner lowered the hood so I could take the view.

Cadillac Lowrider
lowrider

Image by Mike Mertz
An old green/yellow and black Cadillac. I believe it was for sale, as well. Any takers? Waukesha Car Show.



Tags:Lowrider, Nice, photos, today

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...