Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Cool Best Cars For Girls images today

A few nice best cars for girls images I found:

Price Chopper
best cars for girls

Image by wallygrom
It was in this car park, over by the telephones near the door of Price Chopper, that I met my cousin Ed and his wife Ruth for the first time, back in June 1998. I was on my motorcycle trip. "Well you better go see Ed" my mom’s cousin Jane had said, on hearing we were going to be passing thru Vermont …

Up till that point, I thought Jane was my only remaining blood relative … I certainly knew nothing about a cousin Ed. I was terrified … we’d spoken on the phone once, but I knew nothing about him. What would they think of two rain-soaked motorcycle girls in soggy black leathers?

A GMC truck pulled up, and an all-American guy with the biggest grin you’ve ever seen got out … "guess you’ll be hangin’ for a beer" … before gripping me in a rib-crushing bear hug.

That day was one of the best days of my life! Suddenly I have a family. My mom was born in Bethel, Vermont … but I’m a California Girl, now living in England … even so, I now feel that Vermont is "home".

Self-portrait, plus 50 random facts about me
best cars for girls

Image by gwilmore (I HATE THE NEW LAYOUT!)
"The unexamined life is not worth living." — Socrates

I don’t take many self-portraits, and the ones I do take will be few and far between. This one was inspired when I noted the light coming through our bedroom window and wondered if it might make for a good portrait. I would have very much preferred using some pretty woman as my model, but I had the day off work and was home alone because my wife and children were in Utah for a few days. Thus, I was the only subject available.

But as pictures of me go, I sort of like this one. I am getting older now, and while my hair is on the sparse side, I’m noticing more and more gray in what hair I do have, and it shows up in this image. And I have earned every one of those gray hairs, let me tell you!

Update for the "Portrait 50" group:
1. I once recited a lengthy passage from Dante’s Divine Comedy, in the original Italian, during a job interview. (I was a member of the panel interviewing the candidate for the position.)
2. I’m terrified of heights, but love to fly.
3. I hated practicing law, but take comfort in the knowledge that while I did it, I helped a lot of battered women.
4. When I was 8 years old, my father made me memorize the names of all U. S. Presidents in chronological order, and I have never forgotten them, although I’ve had to add eight more names since then. (Kennedy was in office at the time.)
5. I took up ballroom dancing because I wanted to give my wife a romantic surprise, then became hooked on it myself.
6. I hate being photographed, even by myself, which is why there are few self-portraits in my Flickr photostream.
7. A friend of mine, who has lived in Rome for about the past 25 years, once told me I had done well to learn Italian because it was a language that lended itself very well to verbosity.
8. My favorite song is "O mio babbino caro," from Puccini’s "Gianni Schicchi."
9. I am convinced that country music is one of the plagues foretold in the Book of Revelation.
10. I love to cuddle.
11. My favorite TV programs of all time are "Bonanza," "M*A*S*H*," and "Touched by an Angel."
12. I was very skinny when I was young, and weighed 90 pounds between ages 9 and 13, even though I grew several inches in height during that time.
13. Ever since I was about five years of age, I have always loved old silent comedies, especially those starring Harold Lloyd.
14. I once spent most of a day wandering alone around East Berlin back during the Cold War era.
15. I have read the entire Bible, as well as the other scriptures of my church, in English, Spanish, and Italian.
16. I know several Mad Magazine parody songs by heart, and enjoy singing them occasionally, usually for the benefit and edification of my wife and children.
17. I dislike facial hair, and shave nearly every single day, including Saturdays. I also figure it makes my face more kissable.
18. I hate tattoos and body piercings.
19. I rarely get sick, and once went for three years without even catching a cold.
20. I love to travel, and wish I could do more of it.
21. I regret never having been a Boy Scout.
22. My best decision in life was to become a Mormon, and my worst was to become a lawyer.
23. I am quiet and reserved around people I don’t know, but warm and effusive around those I do.
24. My wife once remarked that she didn’t quite know what to make of a husband who loved Dante, AND "Calvin & Hobbes."
25. I once did a live, on-air ad (in Spanish) for a lumber yard on a radio station in El Salvador.
26. I had a very hard time with dating when I was younger, for reasons I now recognize were mostly my own fault; yet the overwhelming majority of my really close friends today are women. (They are all trustworthy, by the way, and my wife doesn’t mind.)
27. A number of people want me to be a "Jeopardy" contestant, but the idea of appearing on national television absolutely horrifies me.
28. I once made up a song about Mao Tse-tung while I was taking a shower.
29. As a preschooler, my favorite obsession was cars, and I could look at a car a block away and correctly identify its make.
30. The human qualities I most admire are courage, sensitivity, and humor, in that order.
31. I once worked in a chicken slaughterhouse, as a result of which I was unable to eat chicken for more than a year.
32. My favorite fantasy is to be President of the United States and serve something really messy at an official state dinner — tacos, spaghetti, or prime rib, perhaps.
33. My favorite kinds of music are classical (including opera), movie soundtracks, and "oldies" from the 1950s and early 1960s.
34. If I am late coming home, my wife never has to look very hard to find me, as I am most likely going to be at the public library, Border’s, or Barnes & Noble. (She has recently added the nearby Fred Astaire studio to that list, and has in fact tracked me down there a couple of times.)
35. I have read from the scriptures of my church every single day for 11 years.
36. My favorite novels are War and Peace and Don Quixote.
37. I was past fifty when I took up photography and ballroom dancing.
38. I blush VERY easily.
39. The most enduring private joke between my wife and me involves me threatening not to shave.
40. I took a day off work to watch Ronald Reagan’s funeral on television. Not only that, but the night before I had my wife lay out my best Sunday clothes, and stayed up late ironing them, as well as spit-shining two pairs of my dress shoes. (I decided, after polishing the first pair, that it wasn’t good enough after all.) This was all done for a very specific purpose. I wore the entire ensemble the next morning as I watched the funeral. It was my way of honoring Reagan, who so revered the Oval Office that he never so much as removed his suitcoat whenever he was in it.
41. I only visit about a dozen Internet sites regularly, with Flickr being the most important one by far; the others mostly include news-related sites, plus a few blogs.
42. My idea of hell is an everlasting job search. Heaven, on the other hand, would be to spend eternity in Florence, Italy.
43. In my high school senior play, my principal role was as a German soldier.
44. My feet are EXTREMELY ticklish.
45. People who have seen me really, REALLY laugh have all told me it is quite the spectacle, although I have never seen it myself.
46. I like to serenade my wife with "Baby, I Need Your Lovin’," preferably by the Four Tops or Johnny Rivers, although I will thunder it at her myself if the original artists are not available at the moment.
47. My most successful and memorable prank of all time was to leave a note for a girl in my BYU ward, asking her to "call Jerry" at such-and-such a number. The number in question was the White House, and "Jerry" was Gerald Ford, who was President at the time. She fell for it, hook, line, and sinker. One of her roommates told me later that when my victim realized who "Jerry" was, she gulped, and her eyes became as large as saucers. She then slammed down the phone, muttered "Garry Wilmore did that," and was irked anew when the phone bill arrived a few weeks later and she had to pay something like 35 cents for the call. Man, it was beautiful!
48. My favorite cuisines are Italian, Chinese, and Greek, in that order.
49. I like to tell people that my mechanical IQ is far below retardation level.
50. I met my wife on Temple Square in Salt Lake City, which several people have told me seemed entirely fitting.



Tags:best, Cars, Cool, girls, images, today

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...