Thursday, July 11, 2013

Mystery woman with red lips

A few nice cool car with girls images I found:

Mystery woman with red lips
cool car with girls

Image by Alaskan Dude
We had a group shoot at a cool place, the Boot Hill Auto Salvage Yard near Butte, Alaska back in August 2010. The location was incredible – the place is full of classic cars and trucks in various stages of disrepair – it was a photographers dream – and toss Brittani into the mix and you have one of those "Life is very, very good days".

Brittani is one of our shooters group favorite models – she is an absolute blast to shoot with, drop dead gorgeous with brown hair, brown eyes, and great legs plus a very fun attitude. On this day she dressed up like a gangster’s girl. Eric, Bee’s boyfriend was there but I didn’t have a chance to shoot with him – but my fellow shooters got some great couple shots of them. Thanks for yet another great shoot Bee!

what?
cool car with girls

Image by mrd00dman
Two nights ago I took my family to the grocery store and waited in the car with the little brother since he’s a bit sick. While we waited, I was some snapping pics and so was little brother. The photos were mainly candid shots like people talking to each other or paying at the register. My little brother also snapped some shots at people as well.

After about thirty minutes or so, the dude who hauls in carts comes out and passes by the car. He does a second pass to go back in the store and looks back. At this point we had a feeling that people inside knew we were talking photos of them. We weren’t taking any lewd pictures or anything, just of people doing their thing.

So this guy turns back around and tells me to roll down the window. I open the door and then he asks me to stop taking photos because people already made complaints. This guy was going on a major power trip or something. He told me to stop taking pictures and I told him that I would stop and apologized.

There was two guys loading groceries next to our vehicle at the time and cart pusher guy confirms with the two guys that taking pictures of people is an invasion of privacy. He asked them if they had a cell phone camera and I didn’t hear what they said.

He stands in front of the car and tells me that he’s going to snap one of me. I agreed because it was an awkward time at the moment for me since this was the first time anything like this happened to me. I even held up a thumbs up sign while my little brother made some bunny ears behind me.

Next the guy goes back inside and talks with the people inside and comes back outside to our car. He asks me who the subjects of my pictures were. I said lying to him that they are just the customers. He doesn’t believe me and wants me to show him the pictures. I decline, telling him that I value my privacy and I have rights. ( I really didn’t know my photographers rights until now. You can view them here www.photosecrets.com/law.html and a similar version is located on the ACLU website) He was telling me that I would have to stop taking pictures since it was private property or some bs like that. I know better know!

Well since he didn’t like the fact that he couldn’t see the pictures, he tells me that he is going to have to call the cops on me. I said, "That’s fine with me. If that’s what you have to do, the go ahead." I looked at my little brother who was kind of finding all of this funny at the time. I was kind of shaken at the time and told him that he was about to see an example of how people’s rights work. Being the worry wort that I was, I explained to him what was going to happen and that I was prepared to exercise my rights even if it meant for me to go to jail.

He tells the manager to call the cops and she does. I saw her from the parking lot and she’s on the phone making the call. At this point I kind of semi-panicked and told little brother that I would have to delete a picture or two. We had taken a picture of the manager eating something and this little girl jumping up and down in the doorway. I got paranoid and deleted the managers picture, a few with the little girl jumping and left some of the cashiers ‘ pictures in the camera. I deleted the those pictures because of what the guy said and earlier, mother made me paranoid, telling me that people might arrest me if I took pictures of little kids. I know better know! Knowledge is power.

The cop shows up and I come out. I tell my little brother to lock the doors as I step outside. The cart pusher dude points me out to the cop very loudly like as if I had just stolen a shit load of stuff from the store. He tells the cop what happened and that I wouldn’t show him the pictures because I had said I had rights. Police man comes to me to hear the second part of the story in which I tell him what I was doing and that I wouldn’t show the other guy my photos, but I would show the cop the pictures.

At the time, I had a feeling that things would go ok if I would have declined to show my pictures to the cop as well, but since mother was inside shopping and little brother was waiting inside I chose to skip out on some flexing of the rights. Once he finds out that everything is chill on my side, he talks to the manager who is all stressed out. I go back inside the car and tell little brother basically what the cop is going to come back and tell me. Little brother is just lying down, curious about everything else. When he found out that the cops were coming he just rolled his eyes I think.

Policeman comes back and I step outside of the vehicle. He now tells me that the only person who has a problem with a picture taken is the cashier and that I have to delete them. I pull out the digital camera and delete the pictures slowly and even asking him if I should delete some or not. The cop was pretty cool about everything even letting me keep some shots with some of the employees. He said I would have to leave as soon as my mom came back and then he left. Because of mother’s condition, little brother and I didn’t tell her what happened. We slapped each other high five after the cop left and pretty much what I told him earlier would happened did happen. Out of the two us, I was the only person freaked about the experience.

This was my first experience with candid photography and hostility and hope not to experience this again.



Tags:lips, Mystery, Woman

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...