Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cool Race Car Games For Girls images today

A few nice race car games for girls images I found:

Monday July 6th – Fourth of July Weekend Craziness
race car games for girls

Image by Clara S.
Monday July 6th – Fourth of July weekend Craziness

It was a very fun, and very social weekend, I will do a simple breakdown by the days.

Thursday Evening – My craving for Pizza lead me to find out that the neighbors were planning on going to a baseball game – awesome. We ordered and picked up the pizza before finding out the game had been cancelled due to the afternoon monsoon, which really was amazing – gallons of water pouring off the roof. SO – we decided to eat our pizza in the sun, then head to the Barn where a bunch of people were supposed to get together. Eventually others (meaning non – barn residents) showed up – and with that group came Ellie and her speakers, determined to make a dance party happen. It was very entertaining – about 5 of us girls danced in what has been labeled the "dining room" really an empty bedroom with a table in it – with a few other people rotating through. Not sure really what happened – but somehow it was entertaining enough that I didn’t get to sleep till about 2am. Hummm…

Friday – Bike ride, Sunshine, I think thats about it. The ride was really nice, I only sorta got lost once – and i managed to do the "long ride" that has been so elusive. Its only 40miles, but the first time I tried it I got SUPER lost – then found those other women to ride with, the next time I didn’t have that long to be out, and managed to get a flat. This made me nervous anyway. So – finally I did it. All the roads out here are so curvy, and so rolly – and dirty! I think the whole no shoulder thing makes my bike filthy.

Saturday – Bike Ride, BBQ, Fireworks – SUNSHINE! The ride was pretty good, I did a route I have done before, but I chose to explore on the way back. This may not have been the smartest idea. Cape Cod, 4th of July – lots of tourists. I really didn’t want to finish my ride along the coast, but, i managed to get stuck on that side of the harbor.. oops. I only almost hit one ped, and did pretty well as I was able to stay ahead of the traffic waiting for peds, turning cars etc.
I got home, watched the end of the tour – time trials – interesting, addictive, but not THAT exciting. Made lunch, and just hung out in the sun. Then it turned out that some of the Joint Program students (the MIT/WHOI program) were hosting a BBQ right next to where we all live, so of course we were invited! I met a lot of the JP students, and it really is cool how diverse everyones studies are. Unlike a normal engineering program, the JP program has students studying anything/ and everything related to the oceans. Engineers like me, are actually in the minority.

Fireworks- We wandered down to the beach about 15 min before the fireworks. We could see the fireworks set off on Martha’s Vineyard as well as the Falmouth barge ones, and then all the random wealthy people who set of their own shows. It was awesome. Lots and lots of fireworks over the ocean. The funniest part came near the end, where on a relatively not crowed beach, this older couple sitting in front of us, stood up, turned around, looked at us, then COMPLETELY blocked our view. I don’t know why it was so funny – it just was.

Sunday – BARN OLYMPICS – Est 2006. A total joke. But fun. I ended up being recruited onto a very competitive JP student team who lost a team mate (All teams are 4 people 2 girls, 2 boys) – and it was crazy! Events included a photo scavenger hunt (run around and take pics of stuff), tug of war, a quadathon: 3legged race, wheel barrow, leap frog and crab walk, a crazy round of survivor dodge ball, flip cup and trivia. It was a long day! Once agin it was sunny and beautiful, and my team actually did really well! We took 2nd overall and ended up winning the quadrathon and the trivia. The trivia was a unique form – and the final question defined our team. It was a situation in which each team bet 0-25 pts, this means you could lose them if you were wrong. The question: the first english landing at plymouth rock were greeted by an indian that said what to them in english? My team had no idea – not surprising, and so we just started guessing – after all the small pox jokes, Melissa (the other girl on the team) just decided to write "Wheres the Beer" for 0 pts, and took it up. They wouldn’t accept 0 points, so we did the math – looking at our overall position and wagered 10. The answer?? "Do you have beer"!! It was crazy – we got the points, and people thought we actually knew that?!??! WHY would we know that…. that was a very lucky guess! (For all I know its not even true)

OK – thats my weekend story – it was fun, but it was crazy. And its off to another week of work!

(Photo: Skewers for the BBQ)

~ Tagged ~ Revelation: I’d rather be behind the camera!
race car games for girls

Image by Images by John ‘K’
I got tagged by my good Flickr friend Steve Page. I had to come up with a list of five things about me, one of which is not true, and then post a self portrait.

I asked my visitors which one of the random facts about me below was NOT true? The answer is revealed below, along with a little more explanation for each!

1. I am a registered Girl Scout

TRUE
Anyone who volunteers to help at a residential Girl Scout camp (as I did earlier this year) needs to register as a Girl Scout to get the benefit of the Girl Scout insurance at camp. I carry my membership certificate with pride!

2. I saw Star Wars Episode IV – A New Hope on my 14th birthday in a cinema in San Francisco with just five other people!

TRUE
I was a teenager when I first visited California on a holiday with my mother. We were on a tour of the western United States and we had a day to ourselves in San Francisco on the day of my 14th birthday. Star Wars had opened earlier in the year in America and was near the end of its run, but was yet to be shown in the UK (this is long before studios started doing simultaneous releases world-wide). So when I (as a sci-fi mad young teenager) saw it was still playing I asked to see it as a birthday treat as it wouldn’t show in the UK for another 2 months. As it was at the end of its run there weren’t many locals still interested in seeing it, and so I shared my first viewing of Star Wars (Episode IV) with 5 die-hard American fans who had seen the movie multiple times already and who were more than happy to share their insights with a new 14 year old fan from England!!

3. I was once ranked on-line as number 1 in the world as a Halo (PC) player and my reign lasted for a whole day!

FALSE
This is the false one, but it’s almost true. I was never ranked number 1 as an overall Halo player, but Halo has a number of on-line game types and I did rank number 1 briefly for one of them. To be number 1 overall you had to be good at all of the modes of play – I was useless at killing with a sniper rifle, but I could ‘drive’ a Warthog (that’s the name of one of the vehicles in the game) like a true pro, and so I earned the number 1 spot briefly for the ‘race’ game type. Jan even got me a set of license plate holders that said "My other car is a Warthog"! :-)

4. I have only ever broken one bone in my body, and my youngest daughter was responsible

TRUE
I’ve only ever broken one bone – it was a bone in my toe, and it was broken by my youngest daughter who at the age of 7(ish) was jumping up and down on my bare feet, and landed with her full weight on her heel on my toe, breaking one of the bones in it. OW!

5. While still in England, I had a 2.0l diesel powered Fiat minivan which I had "tweaked" such that it would do 0-60 in 8.93s (that’s fast for a 2.0l minivan which is rated at 0-60 in 13.4s) and drove it to speeds in excess of 140mph on an English motorway.

TRUE
I had a Fiat Ulysee (Eurovan 2) minivan. It had a 2.0l diesel 16 valve turbo injection engine which had a wonderful electronic engine management control system that could be reprogrammed without replacing any of the hardware. A friend of mine did engine re-tuning for a business and we tried out some ‘tweaks’ on my vehicle. As delivered, the minivan had a top speed of 108mph and a 0-60 in 13.4 seconds, but with a ‘bit’ of tweaking we got the 0-60 performance to 8.9 seconds, and I chickened out after I saw 143mph on the speedometer as it was getting rather a handful to drive! It was much more fun to drive after it was reprogrammed! :)

So – there you have it. The right answer was number 3, and was correctly guessed by …

lucky3110
Steve Page ~ iTail
cooking_upstate

Well done Ingrid, Steve and M.E.!

… and for those that asked what lens is on my camera, it’s the AF-S Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR II Autofocus!

I tagged 8 other people in this game (listed below) – as of now only two others have played along (I have linked their names to their posts)…

*Jo_Joe*
BKHagar
Cygnus~X1 – Visions by Sorenson
Clara’s Rose
Gondolin Girl
jajjen
joegor
Tim_Barker

Thank you Kim and Joe for being great sports, and I look forward to seeing the rest of you join in soon!

© John Krzesinski, 2010.



Tags:Cool, Games, girls, images, Race, today

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...