Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Nice Nice Cars For Girls photos today

Some cool nice cars for girls images today:


nice cars for girls

Image by wakingphotolife:
Teusday
(This is how she always remembered me spelling it. Before I fixed myself. No one ever noticed.)

I was late to work. Actually, I was in the parking lot the whole time.

Alice came back into the office as I was getting settled and asking for jumper cables. Her car battery had died. It was foggy that morning and she had left her lights on.

"Does anyone have jumper cables?"
Stephen and Jimmy shook their heads. I raised my hand over the edge of my cubicle. The Final Frontier we liked to say.
"I've got some."

I parked my car next to hers so that our batteries were within reach of each other; it was a maroon Jeep Rubicon. Somehow, in an odd way, she fit the car very well. R.Kelly started playing in my head: "Girl you remind me of my jeep…"

"You drive a Jeep huh?" I smirked.
"Yeah I do. What's wrong with that?"
"Nothing."

I popped the hood on both of our cars and took the jumper cables out of my trunk; it was a gift from my brother who worked at Chevrolet they closed. He got everyone in my family a set of jumpers for Christmas. My poor dad though, snow chains.

After checking the battery for any cracks or leaks, I clamped the orange cable to the positive terminal and the black cable to the negative terminal.

Alice stood by and watched. I turned my car on and let it turn for a beat. Since it was cold, I turned that heater on too and motioned for Alice to join me.
"Actually, this is my first time doing this," I said.
"Me too. I hope we don't explode."
"We should hold each other if we do…I'm kidding."
"No viola class today?"
"No. I'm going home to sleep tonight. It was a long day. The heater was driving me nuts. I hate how it's so warm when we get in, then when we leave, it's freezing cold. I'm going to get a fever. Nice scarf by the way."
"Thanks."

After a few minutes, I turned my car off and removed the jumper cables. "Alright, it should be good."
She got in her car and keyed the ignition. The engine lurched and whined but it refused to start. She shrugged her shoulders and tried it again. Her headlights lit me up immediately. I gave a thumbs up sign. I walked over to her window and she opened it for me. "Thanks so much. I owe you one."
"No worries. Make sure you leave the car running for a bit if you do plan on stopping anytime soon."
"Will do. I'll see you tomorrow then."
Before she put her seat-belt on, she leaned over and gave me a hug. It surprised me but I leaned towards the open window naturally.

I watched her jeep pull out and before turning onto the street, she stuck her arm out and waved. I could see her red bracelets.

The fog rolled back in by the time work was over. Instead of going home to my apartment, I drove out to the causeway, between Woodland and Sacramento, by the airport, where the wetlands were. I got off the freeway and followed the river where the mist combined with the fog and shrouded everything beyond a few yards of my headlights. I parked my car in front of a small bridge over a section of the Sacramento River.

We drove down here once. During the summer so long ago. I remember we were coming back from the mall and it was a hot day, into the high '90s at least. I wanted to drive her along the country road instead of just the highway.

I was driving my brother's car then, a red 300ZX, the Fair Lady Z, and I drove it fast down the bumpy country gravel roads and dared to pull my E-brake into a corner.

Though the ground was obscured, I could see the moon glowing through at the top part of my windshield. It peeked in between the clouds which were moving low and fast. I watched transfixed at their speed.

It was talking to me. The moon. It told me in a raspy voice that I should roll my windows up, drive my car off the bridge, into the water, and not try to get out but I wasn't listening. I turned the radio on and went home.



Tags:Cars, girls, Nice, photos, today

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...