Monday, November 4, 2013

Nice Small Cars For Girls photos

Check out these small cars for girls images today:

April 2013 George H. Crosby- Manitou State Park
small cars for girls

Image by ✿Low✿
I look up a lot.
____=_____

"Heidi, Girl of the Alps" was a Japanese anime adaptation of a Swiss novel from the 1880s, which I watched dubbed in English. In the novel, Clara is sickly and confined to a wheelchair. She visits Heidi and Peter in the Alps, and becomes strong on goat milk and the clean mountain air.

I’ve been sick for almost a month, coughing and hacking and feeling lazy and defeated because I haven’t been exercising or riding my bike. So I recruited a Peter to shuttle me to Lutsen for the weekend. He skied for two days, and I explored Temperance River State Park, and then hiked George H. Crosby- Manitou State Park.

Saturday started out treacherous. The roads were slick, and an oncoming truck swerved across my lane going 40 mph and ended up in the ditch. I waited for the sun to come out before I picked my way down to Temperance River. There was parking right off of 61, or you could pay for a day pass to park in the camp area on the east side of the highway by Lake Superior. I hiked along the west side of the river on the Superior Hiking Trail. I was the only one on that trail for the entire two hours I was hiking. I checked out Hidden Falls, and the gorge carved out by potholes. On the way back to the trail head I doubled back and noticed there was a small canine tracking me. I took the well-traveled path on the east side of the river and make a loop through the forest where I was the only person that had been through there in quite awhile. I came face to face with a large deer, and saw the alarm tails of a few others as they dashed away.

Sunday I took the Jeep and took an hour and a half to do what would have been a 40 minute drive in good conditions. The last 7 miles were on a rutted, unevenly-thawed, crushed limestone road. I only saw one other car, and I made the only tire tracks in the parking lot to the park.

I like snowshoes, and I enjoy trying to find un-groomed trails to take them out on. This was one of the few times that I have looked out at 4-6 inches of fresh snow and *needed* snowshoes! I strapped them on my feed, hiked up the road to the trail head, and proceeded to break every rule in the common sense guidebook to hiking.

1. Don’t hike alone.
2. Let someone know where you are going.
3. Never hike yourself into a spot where you can’t hike out.
4. Water. Snacks.

I had water and snacks, but I had no idea how long it was going to take me to do the 1.8 trail to the cascade overlook, and I had to get back to Lutsen by a certain time. I tried to pay attention to how long it was taking me to cover distances, but I stopped to take photos and have lunch so I was a little worried that I wouldn’t make it in time.

The sun was glorious and the wind blew through the trees on the ridge line above the gorge. I heard the gushing water almost a quarter-mile before I caught sight of it, but once I did I said out loud, "THIS WAS SO WORTH IT!" A pretty strenuous back country hike on snowshoes, by myself, through beautiful trees and trails. What could be better?

I’m feeling much better now, thank you.



Tags:Cars, girls, Nice, photos, small

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...