Saturday, November 9, 2013

The card had a picture of a girl and a car on it. I think Susan is incredulous that Arun picked the car over the girl.

Some cool car pictures girls images today:

The card had a picture of a girl and a car on it. I think Susan is incredulous that Arun picked the car over the girl.
car pictures girls

Image by MarkDoliner

Of course we’re 18! Can’t you tell?
car pictures girls

Image by Ed Yourdon
(note: more details later, as time permits)

*********************************************

I have visited Rome’s Piazza del Popolo on several occasions over the past 38 years, and have taken numerous photos there. As it turns out, most of my visits have been in the afternoon, and I have simply walked around the broad, open plaza to photograph whatever interesting sights and people presented themselves. (For photos from a morning visit, see Sunday morning at Piazza del Popolo, Nov 2009).

On this most recent visit in May 2010, I arrived on a Saturday morning and looked forward to another photographic expedition to the Piazza. But it rained most of the weekend, and the sun didn’t come out until late Sunday afternoon. At that point, I strolled across the river from my hotel to the Piazza, taking a couple of pictures along the way. Unexpectedly, I found myself in the middle of a celebration marking the 158th anniversary of the creation of Rome’s police department — with displays of police cars and helicopters, politicians giving speeches, and music from a marching band. Indeed, I was surprised to hear the band playing "Stars and Stripes Forever" (the national march of the United States), along with a couple of other John Philip Sousa marches; it seemed out of place in the Eternal City.

In any case, I found lots of interesting photographs of people in the crowd that was wandering around. And I came back to Piazza del Popolo several days later, on a late Friday afternoon, after I had finished the computer lectures that brought me to Rome on this trip. The sun was out, the temperature was mild, and as usual, the piazza was filled with numerous tourists and students and children, older people out for an afternoon stroll, families, couples, and people coming and going to church services at nearby churches. There was even a soccer game underway on one side of the piazza, with hordes of young boys dashing about at full speed…

I took nearly a thousand photos during the two visits to Piazza del Popolo on this trip; these are the ones I felt were worthy of sharing …



Tags:Arun, Card, girl, incredulous, over, picked, picture, Susan, think

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...